- Evaluate possible acquisitions and discuss best practices for acquiring companies from the sales perspective
- Plan expansion into new geographies – Europe, Asia, South America, etc
- Determine if they have the best mix of people – should they hire, fire? What is the profile of the best salesperson?
- Network to find the best talent. On more than one occasion members have referred talent to other members saving many thousands of dollars to a search firm
- Network to find a new job for them self! Companies get acquired or new CEOs bring in their own people. The group has an excellent track record of helping members find new positions.
My boss, the CEO just got fired!
- Should I be worried?
- What should I do?
- How do I spin it with my people?
- How do I figure out why?
- What are the best practices for launching a new product?
- Should we sell it directly or through a channel?
- Should we use an overlay sales force, or train our existing reps to sell it?
- How do we figure out our ideal customer profile for this new product
I just lost a big chunck of my revenue because government cutbacks.
- Pay reductions?
- What’s the best way to deal with my boss?
- What’s the best way to deal with my board?
- How do I adjust forecasting?
- How do I renegotiate my number?
We are doing an acquisition, how do I plan for it?
- How do I figure out who are the “keepers” and how do I convince them to stay?
- How do I break it to their customers?
- How do I explain it to our customers?
- How do I integrate the products?
- How do I integrate pricing into our scheme?
How do I know if I am paying my people right?
- How do I know their concerns were valid?
- What are the rest of the members paying their people?
- Do I have the right base, commission structure, OTE?
- My CEO thinks we’re okay, how do I convince him we are not?
- What is the situation and why is it causing you problems?
- What have you done already to solve it?
- What possible solutions are there?
- What specific help do you need from the group?
I find it really healthy to be in a group discussing the issues I'd normally think about alone.
I find the giving to be as rewarding as the taking.
This group saved my job!
This group has become my personal board of advisers.
Bringing my issue to the group before presenting to my Board was incredibly useful. They beat me up more than the Board!
Not everyone will be accepted
We will not accept all sales leaders into a forum. You’ll have an interviewing process with current forum members and a try-out period. As you might suspect, with such a tight-knit group we’ll be looking for members who will make a big commitment to the group.
Other topics we've discussed.
Ramping Sales Professionals
Sales Process Management
Channel Partnering and Strategic Alliances
Sales 2.0 – What and Why
Sales Summits are expanding!